Ten things you want to say when critiquing a photo
I hang around in a lot of the online photography forums and often find myself wanting to say things that would be considered inflammatory or just in bad taste. This is a short list of some of the things I ask my monitor when I see “those” shots.
- Cool job on the HDR, let me guess, are you a fan of Harry Potter??
- Cool shot, which program did you use to over-sharpen, over-whiten, over brighten the eyes and make the skin looks just like plastic? You do know you aren’t shooting for Vogue right?
- Nice face retouch, is that the first preset in Portrait Pro 2019?
- Cool shot, I like how you placed the model on the train tracks and risked her safety and yours for your cliché’ image.
- Cool shot I like how you placed the model in the middle of the road and risked her safety and yours for your cliché’ shot.
- Do you even calibrate your monitor? Maybe don’t edit your photos with a green light on next to you.
- Have you heard of sharpening? Your image is softer than a babies blanket.
- Good shot, but you missed focus on the eyes – but those boobs are tack sharp man.
- Selective color! I haven’t seen that before is it a new technique? I like how you made everything black and white but the model’s shirt.
- That bokeh in the background looks so smooth and natural, by the way, maybe take more time selecting your subject before you blur the background next time.
Bonus: Your use of puppet warp to make the model skinny is amazing, you can hardly see where the wall is bowed toward her.
There you go. I’m sure there are a million more. Feel free to drop them to me in a message and I will happily add them to my list for the next “things you can’t say article”.
I love to hear from my readers! Feel free to follow me and I’ll follow you back on Twitter and Instagram @nedskee
My photography: http://www.tahquechi.com
My Travel Site: http://www.blindtravels.com
Instagram and Twitter: @nedskee
u want to say when critiquing a photo but cant.